poetry and shorts on flow states of various kinds, occasional explorations into clutch states, ebbing.

Friday, November 13, 2009

the indian and the scientist, round 1

what do you mean poor?

you know, monetarily…

excuse me, 'sir' but I have yet to consider myself poor, until I met you I had known little of the world of men who lived their lives for paper: and I knew that I was rich in time and beauty, the world gave me what I needed when I asked, and I was content. Now you come here, telling me of all of your wonders, and your need to change the way we live to solve the problems that your people have created, and ohhhh so humbly tell us that you will pay us and provide us with resources to continue living the way we have been living for thousands of years…

well, in fairness to myself, I'd say I, along with others are trying to blend the best that our society, however flawed, has to offer with your traditional wisdom. why can't we make the best of both worlds?

I was content, but now I see the forces of the world at my doorstep: we have long been the keepers of the forest and it is heartening to see some recognize us as such, not all of the light of humanity has left this world, i suppose we should accept your offer to protect our way of life, otherwise we may all suffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers